[ome-users] Bioformats Import problem with .nd2 files recorded with NIS Elements 4.3

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Wed Mar 9 16:09:35 GMT 2016

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for reporting this problem.

> we recently updated a couple of our microscopy setups to a newer version of the NIS Elements software (4.3) and while importing recorded files in FIJI with Bioformats
> there is a mix up between series and time points. Meaning that in a file with 100 series and 200 time points after selecting series 1 to be imported, series 1 will result in a stack of images from the first frame of each of the 100 series and 100 blank images.

Could you please clarify which version of Bio-Formats is installed?
"Help > About Plugins > Bio-Formats Plugins" in Fiji will show the
version number and date.  If your Fiji is up to date, the version number
will be 5.1.8; if you see an older version, then please try running the
Fiji updater first.

> I can provide a file to test of course!

If you're seeing this problem with 5.1.8, then it would be much
appreciated if you could upload the file to:

https://www.openmicroscopy.org/qa2/qa/upload/

If the file is larger than 2GB, please let us know and we'll send
alternate upload instructions.

Regards,
-Melissa