[ome-users] Creating sub-folders under the folder in OMERO

Colin Blackburn (Staff) C.Blackburn at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Jan 12 10:57:51 GMT 2016

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to create subfolders?

At present OMERO is limited to a two-level folder hierarchy for images:

Project/Dataset/images

You can use tags to further filter those images, see:

http://help.openmicroscopy.org/managing-data.html#filter

You can also use the OMERO.webtagging web app to search tags in a more hierarchical way:

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/partner/omero.webtagging/omero.webtagging-overview#tag-search

If OMERO doesn't have the ability to create subfolders, will OME team have a plan to develop the ability to create subfolders?

This is something we are actively looking into but at present we do not have any concrete plans.

Best wishes,

Colin