[ome-users] Release of Bio-Formats-C++ 5.1.8

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Feb 17 13:50:24 GMT 2016

Dear All,

Today we have released the binary builds of Bio-Formats-C++ 5.1.8,
together with the ome-cmake-superbuild package used for building
Bio-Formats-C++ and its dependencies on Windows and other platforms.
With our current C++ development efforts being devoted to the upcoming
5.2.0 release, this release contains no new features, and is
restricted to security updates in our third-party dependencies.
Future 5.1 releases will also be restricted to serious bugfixes and
security updates.

See http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/bio-formats-cpp/5.1.8/ for
links to the source releases, documentation and API reference, and
binary builds for a number of platforms including Windows, Linux and
MacOS X.

Bio-Formats changes:

• None

CMake Super-Build changes:

• Upgrade libpng to 1.6.21 (security update)

CMake Super-Build components:

   bioformats 5.1.8
   boost 1.59
   bzip2 1.0.6
   icu 55.1
   libpng 1.6.21
   py-docutils 0.12
   py-genshi 0.7
   py-jinja2 2.7.3
   py-markupsafe 0.23
   py-pygments 2.0.2
   py-setuptools 18.3.2
   py-sphinx 1.2.3
   tiff 4.0.6
   xerces-c 3.1.2
   zlib 1.2.8

The software release is available at:
http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/bio-formats-cpp/5.1.8

For any problems or comments, please use the OME forums or mailing
lists: http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community

Roger Leigh
on behalf of the OME team

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,