[ome-users] assigning an image to multiple groups

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Apr 28 10:29:27 BST 2016

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Tjelvar Olsson (JIC)
<Tjelvar.Olsson at jic.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear OME people,

Hi Tjelvar,

> A couple of questions regarding groups.
>
> Can an image be be part of multiple groups?

Not at the moment, no.

> If not, are there any plans to add such a feature?

It's certainly something we're thinking about, e.g. it was brought up
at last year's users' meeting[2]. Internally, we refer to this as
"Deep copy" since with the current security system we'd like to
duplicate the image allowing full control (delete, etc) but without
duplicating the data on disk.

Some links you might find interesting:

 * [1] https://github.com/openmicroscopy/design/issues/20
 * [2] https://trello.com/c/9tTB1IW0/93-deep-copy-images-in-multiple-groups
 * [3] https://trello.com/c/muXgN0XR/10-deep-copy

And if you're interested in discussing with us this year
(https://twitter.com/openmicroscopy/status/725288137380007936)
registration closes tomorrow :) --
http://www.buyat.dundee.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=2&deptid=31&catid=62&prodid=479

> Kind regards,