[ome-users] bio-formats problem opening a VSI image set

Aryeh Weiss aryeh at cc.huji.ac.il
Tue Sep 29 17:44:32 BST 2015

I have a VSI file that is not being read correctly by bio-formats. I
discovered this when trying to use the VSI reader.
It works correctly on a Windows 7 system, so this may be OSX specific.
The problem occurs on both Java 1.6.0_65 and Java 1.8.0_60.

There is no error generated, but the bio-formats importer only opens the
smallest image (which is stored in Process_2297.vsi).
It fails to related to the images in the
_Process_2297_>stack1>frame_t_0.ets file (which is almost 20GB big and
has the rest of the images.
I worked with Oli Burri to verify that the file is valid and works for
him. It also works on his mac, so you not be able to reproduce the
problem, but we can only hope... On Oli's computer, the importer will
show a list of series (which are images at increasing resolution).

The zip file is still 14+ GB , so I cannot upload it from home, but the
following link should work:
https://filesender.huji.ac.il/filesender/?vid=37f1710c-1db5-3bc9-4a6e-0000619d7dcd
The image will have a different name (I had remnai

I tried it also with a new installation of Fiji, and reproduced the error.

Also, I made sure that I have the latest bio-formats and loci (though
the update sites).

Any help you can provide will be most appreciated.

--aryeh

--
Aryeh Weiss
Faculty of Engineering