[ome-users] BioFormat : strange conversion DICOM -> TIFF

David Gault (Staff) d.gault at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Sep 24 15:17:38 BST 2015

Hi Renaud,

We have been to reproduce the behaviour and have isolated the cause.

I have implemented a fix and submitted it for review in the following PR:
https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/1989

With Thanks,
David Gault

On 23 Sep 2015, at 10:05, Renaud Hoyoux <Renaud.Hoyoux at ulg.ac.be<mailto:Renaud.Hoyoux at ulg.ac.be>> wrote:

Hello OME Team !

I have a problem to convert some DICOM files into tiff with BioFormat.

Context : When I use the command line tool bfconvert (./bfconvert IM0 IM0.tif) on some DICOM images, I have a tiff which look like the negative of the DICOM. On theses radiologic images, bones are black. :/

I opened the DICOMS files and there conversions with ImageJ and it's a confirmation than the colors are switched.

Screenshots are attached and the zip is in your QA system (id 11401).

Exact error message : No error message.

Version information :
Version: 5.1.4
VCS revision: 05840624ab3d1d1dca14d1ccfebabcb61c42ec27
Build date: 4 September 2015

on Ubuntu 14.04 (LTS)

Java version :
java version "1.7.0_80"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.80-b11, mixed mode)

Thanks for your incredible work on BioFormat.
Have a nice day !
Renaud Hoyoux.
<DICOM_CONVERTED.png><DICOM_ORIGINAL.png>_______________________________________________
ome-users mailing list