[ome-users] BioFormat : strange conversion DICOM -> TIFF

Renaud Hoyoux Renaud.Hoyoux at ulg.ac.be
Wed Sep 23 10:05:54 BST 2015

Hello OME Team !

I have a problem to convert some DICOM files into tiff with BioFormat.

Context : When I use the command line tool bfconvert (.//bfconvert IM0
IM0.tif/) on some DICOM images, I have a tiff which look like the
negative of the DICOM. On theses radiologic images, bones are black. :/

I opened the DICOMS files and there conversions with ImageJ and it's a
confirmation than the colors are switched.

Screenshots are attached and the zip is in your QA system (id 11401).

Exact error message : No error message.

Version information :
Version: 5.1.4
VCS revision: 05840624ab3d1d1dca14d1ccfebabcb61c42ec27
Build date: 4 September 2015

on Ubuntu 14.04 (LTS)

Java version :
java version "1.7.0_80"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.80-b11, mixed mode)

Thanks for your incredible work on BioFormat.
Have a nice day !
Renaud Hoyoux.