[ome-users] Z-dimension bug with Andor TIFF

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Nov 25 19:30:12 GMT 2015

Hi James,

> Finally, I'm convinced that once upon a time, I was able to simply
> drag a TIFF onto FIJI and it would auto-load Bioformats because it
> recognised it as a compatible file. Could this feature be enabled
> again?

In the Edit > Options > ImageJ2... dialog, there is an option "Use SCIFIO
when opening files (BETA!)". When checked, that option will override
ImageJ1's default file handling to make the File > Open command use SCIFIO,
which will include calling Bio-Formats for TIFF files which have custom
TIFF readers.

Without this option checked, the default ImageJ1 TIFF handling will always
be used, with all its limitations: it may do a limited or incorrect job
importing the data if it is a special flavored TIFF of which ImageJ1 is
ignorant., or issue an error message in some cases.

For details, see: http://imagej.net/SCIFIO

Alternately, if you run Plugins > Bio-Formats > Bio-Formats Plugins
Shortcut Window, you can then drag-and-drop files onto the window which
appears to open them directly with Bio-Formats.

Regards,
Curtis