[ome-users] help grouping and opening new .flex files from Perkin Elmer Opera equipment

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Mar 30 10:24:45 BST 2015

On 27/03/15 16:58, Soriano.Joaquim wrote:
> Hi!
>
> .flex files from Perkin Elmer equipments (Opera high throughput
> platform) have changed: a single .flex file used to contain all pictures
> from a multiwell slide and new .flex files contain pictures from a
> single field in a multiwell slide. I’m trying to open all new .flex
> files in a single well at once by using the “group files with similar
> names” option but can’t get a correct result.
>
> No matter what option (“axis information”, the file “name contains”, or
> the “pattern” sections) I choose, I always get the same window showing
> some series and tile images which do not contain all the images I’m
> trying to open.

Which version of Bio-Formats are you using?

I would initially suggest trying the latest Bio-Formats version to see
if it has been fixed.  You could try

   http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/bio-formats/5.1.0-rc1/

to see if it will be fixed in the forthcoming 5.1.0 release.

If it isn't fixed, we'll likely need some sample data to use to correct
and test the reader.  In this case, if it would be possible to zip up a
set of files which demonstrate the problem and upload them here:

   http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/

then we'll be able to take a look at the problem in more detail.

Kind regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,