[ome-users] MetaXpress image has cropped metadata values (with fix)

Mario Emmenlauer mario at emmenlauer.de
Fri Mar 20 10:55:47 GMT 2015

Dear Bio-Formats developers,

I have a small issue with MetaXpress meta data. When I read the image
(link below), several metadata values are missing their first character.
An example is 'Experiment base name' for which I expect to get
'SL-HeLa4channels', instead I receive 'L-HeLa4channels'. I could identify
in components/formats-gpl/src/loci/formats/in/MetamorphReader.java the
code expects always a dummy character after the colon, however in my case
I think this dummy is missing. Here a proposed fix:

-          String value = line.substring(colon + 2);
+          // Mario Emmenlauer, 2015.03.20: There is not always a space after
+          // the colon, so better use 'trim()' instead of expecting a space:
+          String value = line.substring(colon + 1).trim();

I did not extensively check this fix, so maybe use it with a bit of
caution. The image I used is here:
    http://data.marssoft.de/b0BCDSL-T069_wG06_s6_z0_t1_cCy5_u001.tif

All the best, and thanks for your great work,

     Mario Emmenlauer

--
Mario Emmenlauer BioDataAnalysis             Mobil: +49-(0)151-68108489
Balanstrasse 43                    mailto: mario.emmenlauer * unibas.ch