[ome-users] Insight login failure

Simon Li spli at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Mar 4 20:49:32 GMT 2015

Hi Kieran

I should've asked you this earlier- could you zip up your server log files and upload them to http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/

More comments in line....

On 4 March 2015 at 14:13, Kieran McGourty <kieran.mcgourty at gmail.com<mailto:kieran.mcgourty at gmail.com>> wrote:

I think this the account that I created most recently. Foolishly I gave it the same login credentials as my missing account so I am not sure if this config refers to my new account or the missing one.

C:\omeroserverfiles>bin\omero config get

omero.data.dir=C:\\omero
omero.db.name<http://omero.db.name>=omero_database
omero.db.pass=***************
omero.db.user=kmcg
omero.web.application_server=development
omero.web.debug=True

below is a print screen of the managed repositories on the HDD. My missing data is in the folder kmcg_2. Most recently uploaded to on the 24 feb. I am not sure where or when the _2 suffix came from but I suspect it is when I created the new kmcg account after the problem manifested.

The "2" is the numeric user-id

 Have you previously setup OMERO on the same system (e.g. for initial testing)?
Yes

 What other databases do you have on your system?
I downloaded and installed MYSQL and set up a training database but it is not running at the moment and I have't altered that in a long while.
During the initial server installation I created a second OMERO database called omero_database1.

The missing user account does not have ownership of this database though. (kmcg = omero_database, superkmcg = omero_database1)

Could you log into each of those databases using the psql client, run the following and paste the output here?
SELECT * from dbpatch;

If it's a new server you should see just one line with a timestamp corresponding to when you installed the servers- do they both look correct (for your current and previous DBs/servers)?

I have the following users listed.

C:\omeroserverfiles>bin\omero user list
Using session b4792158-32a2-46c2-95ae-caece4bc2f7d (root at localhost:4064). Idle t
imeout: 10.0 min. Current group: system
 id | login | first name | last name | email                     | active | admin
n | member of | owner of
----+-------+------------+-----------+---------------------------+--------+-----
--+-----------+----------
 0  | root  | root       | root      |                           | Yes    | Yes
 1  | guest | Guest      | Account   |                           |        |
 2  | kmcg  | Kieran     | McGourty  | kieran.mcgourty at gmail.com<mailto:kieran.mcgourty at gmail.com> | Yes    |
  |           | 2
(3 rows)

C:\omeroserverfiles>