[ome-users] Running Bio-Formats from a plugin

Balaji Ramalingam (Staff) b.ramalingam at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Jun 26 15:33:02 BST 2015

Hi,

Thank you for reporting your issue.
It would be great if you could expand the "options" that were used to open the image within the plugin.

Could you please check the following,

  1.  open ImageJ. Go to Plugins->Macro-> Record
  2.  In the Macro Recorder window , please use the drop down menu for "Record" and select "Java" as the option.
  3.  Repeat the Manual workflow described in your post (which opens the file within a fraction of a second).This will record the api method call , in the Recorder window.
  4.  And check if the "options" in your plugin, matches the "options" in the Macro Recorder, for the IJ.Run method.

If they match, there should be no difference in terms of performance in the import call.
Please let us know, if you find otherwise.

Best,
Balaji

Mr Balaji Ramalingam

Software Developer