[ome-users] showinf issue in C++ binding [bug report and fix]

Joe Ping-Lin Hsiao phsiao at cs.unc.edu
Tue Jun 23 16:03:40 BST 2015

Alright I figured it out. The culprit is this line

   OMEXMLServiceImpl service;

To solve the problem just delay the object's instantiation after JVM.
Specifically change the line to

   OMEXMLServiceImpl *service;

And use 'new' to instantiate the variable in main() instead

   try {
    JavaTools::createJVM();
    service = new OMEXMLServiceImpl();
    testRead(argc, argv);
    delete service;
  }

Don't forget to search for each usage of 'service' and change the '.'
operator to '->' because it is a pointer now.