[ome-users] Broken OME login from insight client?

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Jul 30 08:02:24 BST 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Jake Carroll <jake.carroll at uq.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi all.

Hi Jake,

> Something odd I might need some help with.
>
> My LDAPS bound OMERO environment works pretty darn well. I decided to patch
> the Ubuntu environment the other night as it was scheduled for patching.
> Everything went according to plan. I usually patch once every three months
> on this host. The host is running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server, x64.
>
> Testing didn’t show up any oddities after the reboot. I logged into
> OMERO.web fine and things looked good.
>
> Users asked me today what was “wrong” with the Insight client, however.
> We’ve discovered that we can’t login via Insight anymore. Which is odd.

What most immediately comes to mind is the recent Java/SSL error. That was
caused by upgrading the Java version on the *clients*. It could be
related though.
I'd suggest first patching the server as described under:

  http://blog.openmicroscopy.org/tech-issues/2015/07/21/java-issue/

(or wait for 5.1.3 which will hopefully be released today & will
include that patch).

If that doesn't solve the problem, we'll likely need all the log files
including a sample
OMERO.insight failure if possible.

Cheers,
~Josh.

> Omero startup didn’t show any issues, nor can I see anything obviously going
> wrong in the Blitz log. Auth clearly isn’t broken, because it is working
> from the Web.
>
> omero at omero-prod-gen2:~$ uname -a
>
> Linux omero-prod-gen2 3.13.0-59-generic #98-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 24 21:05:26
> UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>

> When trying to switch users on the insight client (to get to a point where I
> can throw in a login name and a password) (as we have a public user) it
> simply says “An error occurred when disconnecting from the server”.
>
> Not sure what to do/what I should be looking for here. Whenever I hit Switch
> user I see this in the OMEROweb.log:

[snip]