[ome-users] JPEG Exif read support

Paul van Schayck paul at vanschayck.nl
Tue Jan 27 14:00:12 GMT 2015

Hi Melissa,

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Melissa Linkert
<melissa at glencoesoftware.com> wrote:
> Thank you for reporting this.  EXIF data is not read from JPEG files at
> the moment, but there is now a ticket on our issue tracking system for
> doing so:

I've been working on getting JPEG exif reading to work using the
Drew's metadata-extractor. My work is located here:

https://github.com/PaulVanSchayck/bioformats/compare/jpeg-exif?expand=1

How does this look to you? It works nicely in extracting EXIF on the
files (from one camera) we've been using. Also using this server side
in OMERO has been working.

I'm not really sure on whether to include the xmpcore.jar file or not.
Also, xercesImpl has to be updated to updated to at least 2.8.1. I'm
still working on that getting that comitted. Do you foresee any
problems with that?

Thanks,

Paul van Schayck