[ome-users] Images from ROIs script

William Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Jan 21 22:08:54 GMT 2015

Hi Mike, 		(I've cc'd the users list in case anyone else has useful advice or would benefit from this).

 You can configure this as described here: https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/grid.html#ice-messagesizemax

However, if you have a very large ROI (over approx 3000 x 3000 pixels) then the current script will fail when it tries to create a new image,
since "Big" images over this threshold are tiled and cannot be created from a single plane at a time.

This was discussed at length on our forums (which starts with the same error you have) at
https://www.openmicroscopy.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7565

And concludes with a modified version of the script which you can find at:
https://github.com/ebbwdan/omero_scripts/blob/master/omero/util_scripts/Slide_Scanner_Images_From_ROIs.py

So maybe give that script a try - although no guarantees it'll work for your images since it may not have
been tested as much as the "official" released scripts.

 Hope that helps,

   Will.