[ome-users] Fwd: Using omero from home

Kenneth Gillen (Staff) k.h.gillen at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Feb 11 10:12:35 GMT 2015

Hi Iain,

In general, you shouldn't have to define this environment variable, but since you've asked, "Solution 1" at http://wincrunch.com/exe4j-java-home-no-jvm-could-be-found-on-your-system/ will help you define the environment variable "EXE4J_JAVA_HOME". (This walk-through is assuming you have Java 8, so it's worth checking that matches the path to the java version you have installed.)

There is some anecdotal evidence to suggest a reinstall of the JRE will fix this, but you've said you're confident it's installed already, so the above might well be your quickest path to a working OMERO client on that system.

Please let us know if neither of these suggestions fix your problem.

All the best,

Kenny

--

Kenneth Gillen
OME System Administrator

Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street