[ome-users] Tiff comment missing from metadata?

Mario Emmenlauer mario at emmenlauer.de
Mon Feb 9 12:13:28 GMT 2015

Dear Roger,

thanks for the very quick response! I can see how your proposed
change fixes my issue no. 2. But there remains issue no. 1. :-)
Attached you can find a small patch that I tried that for me
returns additional meta data on the test image. But beware: it
was not clear to me what the correct behavior should be, so this
patch is possibly not a perfect solution (though it improves the
behavior for me). Below more:

On 09.02.2015 13:04, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On 07/02/15 20:51, Mario Emmenlauer wrote:
>> I think I might have discovered a small issue in MetamorphReader.java.
>> When I check for the Tiff comment in some Metamorph files, I can read
>> more meta data than contained in the return values of bfopen. I checked
>> the source, and I think there is something fishy in MetamorphReader.java
>> around line 1145: The missing values are assigned to descrValue, but
>> they never propagate to the final output.
>>
>> The image I used for both reports is here:
>>    http://data.marssoft.de/b0bCDac-T130_wB09_s25_z0_t1_cRFP_u001.tif

Cheers,

    Mario

--
Mario Emmenlauer BioDataAnalysis             Mobil: +49-(0)151-68108489
Balanstrasse 43                    mailto: mario.emmenlauer * unibas.ch