[ome-users] Tiff comment missing from metadata?

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Feb 9 12:04:54 GMT 2015

On 07/02/15 20:51, Mario Emmenlauer wrote:

> Dear Bio-Formats developers,
>
> I think I might have discovered a small issue in MetamorphReader.java.
> When I check for the Tiff comment in some Metamorph files, I can read
> more meta data than contained in the return values of bfopen. I checked
> the source, and I think there is something fishy in MetamorphReader.java
> around line 1145: The missing values are assigned to descrValue, but
> they never propagate to the final output.
>
> While you're maybe looking at this, I think I found another issue: in
> the same file, line 1137, I think the correct way to split key-value-pairs
> seems to be using ":", not ": " (no space after colon). This works better
> for me, and discovers two additional key-value-pairs on the sample image.
>
> The image I used for both reports is here:
>    http://data.marssoft.de/b0bCDac-T130_wB09_s25_z0_t1_cRFP_u001.tif

Dear Mario,

Thanks for the good description of the problem.  I've tested the change
you suggested and opened a pull request for it here for the 5.1 release:

   https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/1584

And there's a branch for the 5.0 release here:

https://github.com/rleigh-dundee/bioformats/compare/metamorph-metadata-dev50?expand=1

Many thanks,
Roger Leigh

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,