[ome-users] Lif channel name in bioformat

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Feb 4 09:44:49 GMT 2015

On 03/02/15 20:22, ImageJLyd wrote:

> I'm currently working with lif files generated on a Leica SP5 confocal
> microscope.
> I would like to warn you about the fact that the channel names are wrong
> when opening .lif file with Icy software.
> Channel names :
> channel 1 is wrongly indicating the name of the channel 4
> Channel 2 is wrongly indicating the name of the channel 3
> Channel 3 is wrongly indicating the name of the channel 2
> Channel 4 is wrongly indicating the name of the channel 1
>
> When I read the metadata of the lif file in Fiji, it appears,that
> actually even if LUT are respected in fiji (and not in icy), the channel
> names are inverted in comparison with leica software. Could it come from
> the bioformat ?

If you could possibly upload an example file which is showing the
problem using:

   http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/

then we can take a look at it and provide an answer to your question,
and if there's a problem we can look into what might need fixing.

Kind regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,