[ome-users] Request for sample images

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Wed Aug 5 23:09:07 BST 2015

Hi Jim,

> Using the BioFormats library, I have been working towards this goal
> and have added several other formats to our capabilities. However, as
> the programmers among you know, 'compiles without errors' does not
> equal 'works correctly'. Consequently, I am looking for examples of
> whole slide images in additional formats so that I may verify the
> operation of the converter.
>
> Any images you care to share would be greatly appreciated. Further, I
> can assure you that the images will NOT be shared with anyone; in
> particular, they will NOT be available on our web site.

All of OME's public datasets are available here:

http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/images/

The vast majority of datasets that we have were sent to us without
explicit permission to redistribute, so we cannot make those datasets
available.

The public data from the OpenSlide project may be more immediately
useful (though some formats there are not yet supported by Bio-Formats):

http://openslide.cs.cmu.edu/download/openslide-testdata/

Regards,
-Melissa