[ome-users] Preferred color mapping for channels in OME-TIFF

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Apr 29 10:12:37 BST 2015

On 29/04/15 05:18, Dmitry Fedorov wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> Thank you, the Color property is exactly what I needed! Somehow I missed
> that and I would never have guessed the encoding:) This was super
> helpful! Do you know if bioformats, in ImageJ for example, would pickup
> the stored lookup table and use it for visualization?

Looking at the code in
   components/bio-formats-plugins/src/loci/plugins/in/ImportProcess.java
it does get an 8-bit LUT, but then doesn't do anything with it, so it
looks like support on import into ImageJ is unfortunately incomplete at
present, limited to channel colour only.

We do have a ticket for improving this here
   https://trac.openmicroscopy.org/ome/ticket/12168
as part of the model and code changes needed to improve support for
rendering.

Regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,