[ome-users] Whole slide image viewer

Damir Sudar dsudar at lbl.gov
Tue Apr 7 03:42:50 BST 2015

Hi Marios,

Since you are posting this message on ome-users, you are no doubt aware
that OMERO can do much of what you suggest with the added benefit that it
will be able to store all those images in an organized way. But if that
added functionality isn't needed or desired, you may want to have a look at
the OpenSlide project (http://openslide.org/) which in itself only provides
the library to read all those WSI files and comes with a rudimentary
viewer. But there are a few other projects that are based on OpenSlide that
may provide some of the functionality you require. See references in:
Also: http://imaging.cci.emory.edu/wiki/display/CAMIC/Home

Cheers,
- Damir

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 5:17 PM, Gavrielides, Marios A <
Marios.Gavrielides at fda.hhs.gov> wrote:

>  Hi all, I was wondering whether, as part of Bio-Formats, there is any
> open-source software to open and view whole slide images (WSI)of different
> file formats?  As many of you know, there are a number of vendor-specific
> formats such as .svs, .vsi, .bif, .ndpi, etc.  An WSI viewer that could
> open and display such formats along with capabilities for panning at
> different magnifications would be valuable.
>

> Thanks in advance for your in input,
>
> Marios
>

> Marios A Gavrielides, Ph.D.
> Division of Imaging, Diagnostics, and Software Reliability
> Office of Science and Engineering Laboratories
> Center for Devices and Radiological Health
> Food and Drug Administration
> (301) 796-2545
>

> *Excellent customer service is important to us. Please take a moment to
> provide feedback regarding the customer service you have received:   *
> https://www.research.net/s/cdrhcustomerservice?O=700&D=750&B=750&E=&S=E

Damir Sudar - Staff Scientist
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory / Life Sciences Division
One Cyclotron Road, MS 977, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
T: 510/486-5346 - F: 510/486-5586 - E: DSudar at lbl.gov
WWW: http://www.lbl.gov/lifesciences/labs/sudar_lab.html