[ome-users] Histology data in JPEG XR format

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Wed Sep 3 20:44:40 BST 2014

Hi Trevor,

> I've been able to get my JPEG-XR files converted into TIFF files using
> software obtained from this site:
> http://hcbi.fas.harvard.edu/resources_software
>
> However, when I attempt to open the TIFF files in ImageJ, I get the error
> message:
>
> loci.formats.MissingLibraryException: Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) is
> required to read some TIFF files. Please install JAI from
> https://jai.dev.java.net/

Would you be willing to upload one of the files to
http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload?  Without seeing the file,
it's going to be difficult for us to diagnose why Bio-Formats cannot
open it.

If you prefer not send a file (or don't want to wait for a fix), then
you might also try using Zeiss' freely available Zen Lite:

http://www.zeiss.com/microscopy/en_us/products/microscopy-software/zen-lite.html#downloads

which should allow you to save the original .czi files without
compression or export to TIFF (both of which should then be openable in
ImageJ).

Finally, we are working on support for JPEG-XR compressed images within
.czi files, as described on the OME issue tracking system:

https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/8493

If you would like to be automatically notified of updates to that
ticket, please let us know.

Regards,
-Melissa