[ome-users] JPEG-XR compression and CZI Files

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Oct 16 00:51:01 BST 2014

Hi Sebi,

> I have a question regarding ticket #8493 - Add Support for JPEG-XR data.
>
> From the OME-Site I can see:
>
>    - *Milestone* changed from *5.1.0* to *5.x*
>
> So what does this mean exactly? Is there a rough estimate, when this
> requirement will be be implemented as a feature?

This means that we do not currently expect it to be completed for the
5.1.0 release early next year, but we do still anticipate completing it
in the 5.x line.  We do not yet have an estimated date of completion.

> And are you guys missing any infos on the CZI Data using this JPEG-XR?

We're not missing any information, just the time to complete this
feature.

> I askes because we already have quite a few people complaining , the
> BioFormats can read the "normal" CZI very well, but not the CZI woth
> JPEG-XR.

Yes, we're aware that this is becoming a popular feature.  Implementing
JPEG-XR support in Bio-Formats is not a small project though, as
there are no existing Java implementations of this codec.

If you would like to be CC'd on the ticket (or know of anyone else who
would), please let us know.

Regards,
-Melissa