[ome-users] Ldap and Scripts

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Nov 25 21:18:17 GMT 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Haehnel, Dirk <
dirk.haehnel at phys.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:

>  Dear Fellows,

Hi Dirk,

>  I am using Win2008R2 with Omero5 having trouble connecting LDAP to my
> ActiveDirectory Server, has anybody a working configuration?

Could you possibly send us the configuration you are currently using? Have
you tried the suggestion under
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/server-ldap.html#active-directory

>  Scripts on the server having a problem with windows iis application
> server, cannot access the folder whit the scripts, has anybody done the
> steps necessary to configure scripts on a windows server?

This issue has shown up before for certain Windows / Python combinations.
See http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/12320

The linked Mozilla issue proposes using
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mozilla/addon-sdk/c3a46fd6f6b57b87b6c8cb4601ff116d5b5b6b53/python-lib/mozrunner/killableprocess.py
as a replacement for the version in OMERO (lib/python/killableprocess.py)

A version of OMERO has not yet been released with this patch, but if you'd
like to give it a try, we'd certainly appreciate the feedback.

> Many thanks
>
> Regards dirk

Cheers,
~Josh.