[ome-users] omero.cli error

John Webber (NBI) John.Webber at nbi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 26 09:10:43 GMT 2014

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the quick response.

My problem is that I have a bulk upload to perform and the omero.cli is now consistently failing!  I can upload 60+ images to Omero before I see this error, so switching debug on might be omerous!  However, I do have the cli.err from an example of this fail - I have attached it to this email.

I have also amended my code to work around this issue so that, if it sees this error, it attempts the upload again before crashing out:

    try:
        cli.invoke(import_args, strict=True)

    except omero.cli.NonZeroReturnCode, err:
        logging.warning('%s: Omero CLI has had a NonZeroReturnCode, trying again' % (self))

        try:
            cli.invoke(import_args, strict=True)

        except:
            logging.error('%s: Omero CLI has failed twice - exiting.' % (self))
            sys.exit(7)

Not a particularly elegant work around - but it works.

Thanks
John