[ome-users] LDAP plugin: case sensitivity

Paul van Schayck paul at vanschayck.nl
Wed Jun 18 19:45:46 BST 2014

Dear Felix,

By chance I was also looking into this issue for our setup today. As
we also have mixed case DN's while the users are unaware of this, and
normally login with whatever suits them. What I figured out that this
issue has been reported before [1].

The workarround posted there involves setting the password provider to
chainedPasswordProvider431 [2]. This allows you to manually (or
scripted, how?) set the omero loginname to for example all lowercase.

I've however also been looking if changing mapUserName() in LdapImpl
might be enough to workarround the problem [3]. Would changing
.equals() to .equalsIgnoreCase() be ennough? If we guarantee that
within ldap never two users will exist with the same username but
different case.

[1] https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/4821
[2] http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/server-ldap.html
[3] https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/blob/develop/components/server/src/ome/logic/LdapImpl.java#L180