[ome-users] LDAP plugin: case sensitivity

MEYENHOFER Felix felix.meyenhofer at unifr.ch
Wed Jun 18 18:23:18 BST 2014

Hello

the ldap-utils command ldapsearch seems not care much about upper and lower case letters (eg.if cn=FIRST Last, then ldapsearch will also find it with cn=first last).
So today I spent some time before I figured out that the OMERO on the other hand does indeed a case sensitive query using the Spring framework.
This might lead to some confusion with our users. I myself use usually exclusively lower case letters for my login name, but in our setup here, there is only one field that I can indicate to OMERO to check for this short login. In our casethis is the mailNickname attribute. Unfortunately this attribute uses a capital first letter.
But enough about these coherency problems we deal with… what I would like to do however is to hide them from our users.

So is there an way to tell OMERO to to a case insensitive match agains AD? and furthermore is it possible to tell it to try multiple matches (so the users use alternatively their email address as login name)?

Regards,

Felix