[ome-users] Question

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Jun 3 19:35:51 BST 2014

Responding to the list.

On May 30, 2014, at 5:39 PM, Kotecki, Jason wrote:

> Josh, my core manager was experiencing some disconnections today with Omero. I don’t  know exactly what he was doing but he mentioned about running a process from three different workstations under the same user account. I saw a lot of the following error in the Blitz log:
>
> 2014-05-30 10:33:03,609 ERROR [ome.services.db.SelfCorrectingDataSource] (erver-1977) Failed to acquire connection after retries=3
> java.sql.SQLException: unable to get a connection from pool of a PoolingDataSource containing an XAPool of resource b3ae1a62-994e-4bdb-b675-71a9d114dd26 with 10 connection(s) (0 still available)
>                 at bitronix.tm.resource.jdbc.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:262) ~[btm.jar:2.1.3]
>
> Does that mean that the DB server was unavailable for some reason? It looks like my PostgreSQL server is set to the default of 100 connections. Is it possible that the three sessions exhausted those connections?

That's fairly unlikely. Unless you've increased the number of connections which OMERO will use, it only consumes a conservative 10
See https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/blob/v.5.0.2/etc/omero.properties#L24

Is there anything else in the log? Perhaps also a shared memory issue a la
http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-devel/2014-June/002808.html ?

Cheers,
~Josh.