[ome-users] What OME Means to You

Jason Swedlow j.r.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Jun 3 18:22:18 BST 2014

Dear All

As Helen mentioned, it's time for our annual trek to Paris, for the highlight of our year, the OME Annual Users Meeting.  We're excited to present what we've been doing and most importantly, hear ideas for future priorities and work.  We'll post regular updates and the presentations, as always.

However, it's also time for another regular rite-- the funding of OME's next steps.  As many of you know, OME is funded by a combination of funding from the Wellcome Trust and the BBSRC.  Our main funding comes from a Wellcome Trust Strategic Award, which runs through the end of 2014.  We are now applying for another Strategic Award, which we have proposed to be funded by the Wellcome Trust and the BBSRC.  We're proposing the funding run through 2017.

A critical part of this application is feedback from the community-- what you like, what you don't, and what you think we should do.

So, we'd ask you to send your thoughts, suggestions and ideas by email to me privately, or this list-- whichever you prefer.  Tell us how you use OME's tools, how you see the project's work, and anything in particular you think we should be doing in the future. Obviously, we have our own ideas, but in this exercise, we want to hear yours.  Finally, if you could change one thing about OME, what would it be?

Please send feedback through the month of June. Thanks in advance for your comments and ideas.

Cheers,

Jason

Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression | Open Microscopy Environment | University of Dundee