[ome-users] Increase in intensity in every second frame in Leica lif files

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Feb 4 08:51:58 GMT 2014

Hi Pascal,

> Thanks that did the trick. I always thought updating Fiji would also
> automatically install the latest loci plugin.

I'm glad to hear it's working now!

> In addition I tried to update the loci plugin in ImageJ: Plugins ->
> LOCI -> Update LOCI plugins. Unfortunately I always get the message:
> "An Error occurred while downloading the LOCI plugins.
> I found a temp file in the plugins folder called loci_
> tools.jar.tmp. From the size of the file it seemed that it has been
> fully downloaded. Therefore I tried to just remove the .tmp and this
> seems to work.
> Anyway, any idea why the installation through the update menu does not work?

The "Plugins > LOCI > Update LOCI Plugins" option is not intended to be
used in Fiji - in fact, current versions should not attempt to download
a new loci_tools.jar at all if you are using Fiji.

In regular ImageJ installations, that message often means that the download may
have been successful, but the existing loci_tools.jar could not be overwritten
due to insufficient permissions.  In that case, closing ImageJ, renaming
loci_tools.jar.tmp to loci_tools.jar, and restarting ImageJ should
finish the upgrade procedure.

Regards,
-Melissa