[ome-users] Strange cyan/yellow/green artifacts in SCN files

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Feb 3 18:16:41 GMT 2014

Hi Andreas,

> Whenever I scan slides on an Ariol and exported via the Leica SCN
> Exporting tool I get lots of artifacts in the resulting images (see
> attachment).
> I've also tried it with the most recent version of bioformats

Could you please upload one of the original .scn files to
http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload?  You may need to Zip the file
first before uploading.

> The attached files has been extracted using the crop option. Without
> crop, images would be to huge to store. The 'bigtiff' can't be read
> on my system ...
> Any hints?

The '-bigtiff' argument to bfconvert is only valid for converting to
TIFF/OME-TIFF files - it won't do anything if you are converting to
JPEG.  If you see an error message when using that option to export a
TIFF file, or the resulting file is not a readable BigTIFF, please let
us know.

Regards,
-Melissa