[ome-users] convert .czi file with bfconvert

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Aug 14 17:11:04 BST 2014

On 13/08/14 20:53, Maier, Lorenz wrote:

Dear Lorenz.

> There seem to be two errors with bfconvert 5.0.3 that occur for a .czi
> file of X: 128, Y:128, C:2, Z:41.
>
> I’ve uploaded an example including input and commands at QA 9412.
>
> Command 1: bfconvert -z 1 in.czi out.tif
>
> Error:
>
> Exception in thread "main" loci.formats.FormatException: Plane index:2
> must be < 2
>
>          at loci.formats.FormatWriter.checkParams(FormatWriter.java:325)
>
>          at loci.formats.out.TiffWriter.saveBytes(TiffWriter.java:170)
>
>          at loci.formats.out.TiffWriter.saveBytes(TiffWriter.java:386)
>
>          at loci.formats.FormatWriter.saveBytes(FormatWriter.java:126)
>
>          at loci.formats.ImageWriter.saveBytes(ImageWriter.java:201)
>
>          at
> loci.formats.tools.ImageConverter.convertPlane(ImageConverter.java:547)
>
>          at
> loci.formats.tools.ImageConverter.testConvert(ImageConverter.java:483)
>
>          at loci.formats.tools.ImageConverter.main(ImageConverter.java:677)

This is an already open ticket for this error:
https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/12268?pane=edit
I've added you to this ticket.

> Command 2:
>
> bfconvert in.czi out_%%z.tif
>
> showinf out_40.tif
>
> Error:
>
> Exception in thread "main" loci.formats.FormatException:
> loci.common.ReflectException: Cannot execute method: getNumPages

I can't reproduce on Linux; I just get out_%nn.tif files created.  I'll
try to reproduce on Windows this evening.

Regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,