[ome-users] PNG images being auto-scaled upon BioFormats import

Paul van Schayck paul at vanschayck.nl
Mon Aug 11 07:28:34 BST 2014

Dear all,

I'm having trouble with the import of PNG images into OMERO. It seems like
they are being autoscaled, causing the colors to look quite different then
when viewed in the Windows image viewer. I've uploaded a sample image to:

http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/feedback/9442/?token=2168adf9151f1ca565a5bb3eeb36c635

The orange in the image will nearly turn pink upon import. I can replicate
this problem when using the BioFormats importer in ImageJ and selecting the
Autoscale option. When not selecting the autoscale option the colors remain
as in the Windows image viewer.

Where is this problem coming from? Is this a problem with autoscaling, is
this a problem with the image? Can the autoscaling in the OMERO importer be
turned off somehow?

Thank you,

Paul