[ome-users] incorrect px dimension value read from .dm3 files

Nuno Goncalo Dias ngdias at ibmc.up.pt
Tue Apr 1 14:39:49 BST 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The units are in micrometers. if you go FIJI
Image>Show Info... you get

root.ImageList.1.ImageData.Calibrations.Dimension.0.Scale = 0.014181178
root.ImageList.1.ImageData.Calibrations.Dimension.0.Units = µm
root.ImageList.1.ImageData.Calibrations.Dimension.1.Scale = 0.014181178
root.ImageList.1.ImageData.Calibrations.Dimension.1.Units = µm

I acquired these images myself and these values above are correct (15
nm). Having pixel dimensions in the range of 0.02 nm in images taken
from a SEM is as far as I know not even possible... Wouldn't it be 10x
the resolution needed to see atoms?

Thanks,
Nuno.