[ome-users] trouble opening .nd2 files

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Sep 19 00:38:07 BST 2013

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for uploading example files.

> I downloaded the latest version of Fiji (Image J 1.48c). I was able to see
> thumbnails of the various series, but ran out of memory trying to open more
> than 4 (2-channel) slices (4X2) images.
> I also had to manually adjust the brightness and contrast settings for the
> images to be visible. I have attached a powepoint file showing one slice as
> opened by Image J/Fiji and the other z-slice with auto contrast and
> brightness (DAPI and DIC).
>
> So this is definitely an improvement over the problem I had earlier but now
> I am running into memory and brightness/contrast issues.
> Is there anything you could suggest.

For the brightness/contrast, have you tried selecting the "Autoscale"
option in the "Bio-Formats Import Options" window when you open the
files?  I would expect that to solve the problem.

I was able to open all of the images in both files at once, with 2 GB of
memory allocated to Fiji.  Could you please check how much memory is
allocated ("Edit > Options > Memory & Threads..."), and if it is less
than 512 MB or so try increasing it?

Regards,
-Melissa