[ome-users] Hamamatsu export kCGErrorFailure

Andreas Heindl andreas.heindl at icr.ac.uk
Tue Nov 26 14:47:34 GMT 2013

Dear Melissa,
I upgraded to the latest version which didn't solve the problem.
However, on Linux (Ubuntu, 64bit) it works fine.
On our XServe (Java[1]) it still crashed with the error beneath:

012A-2013-11-18_15.06.56.ndpi
Reading IFDs
Populating metadata
Populating OME metadata
[Hamamatsu NDPI] -> ./012A-2013-11-18_15.06.56/Tile0.jpg [JPEG]
Mon Nov 25 16:39:42 yy1.local java[37867] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure:
Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are
logged.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to
window server - not enough permissions.
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1833)
     at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:50)
     at java.awt.Toolkit.loadLibraries(Toolkit.java:1605)
     at java.awt.Toolkit.<clinit>(Toolkit.java:1627)
     at loci.formats.codec.JPEGTileDecoder.initialize(JPEGTileDecoder.java:136)
     at loci.formats.in.NDPIReader.setupService(NDPIReader.java:365)
     at loci.formats.in.NDPIReader.openBytes(NDPIReader.java:114)
     at loci.formats.FormatReader.openBytes(FormatReader.java:781)
     at loci.formats.ImageReader.openBytes(ImageReader.java:400)
     at loci.formats.tools.ImageConverter.convertPlane(ImageConverter.java:544)
     at loci.formats.tools.ImageConverter.testConvert(ImageConverter.java:486)
     at loci.formats.tools.ImageConverter.main(ImageConverter.java:672)

[1]
java version "1.6.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-10M4609)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)