[ome-users] Forward: Centos/RHEL6 with mod_fastcgi?

Wood, Christopher CJW at stowers.org
Mon Nov 18 21:35:13 GMT 2013

I attached the files. The httpd.conf is just standard except for the line
to load mod_fastcgi.
omero.conf is just what is generated by the omero configuration tools.

I went back and looked at my installation notes and found that I
downloaded the source for fastcgi and built it using make:
installed httpd-devel with yum
Downloaded mod_fastcgi, the top_dir for apache is /usr/lib64/httpd
cp Makefile.AP2 Makefile
make top_dir=/usr/lib64/httpd
make install top_dir=/usr/lib64/httpd
(not in notes, but probably had to manually add the mod_fastcgi line to
httpd.conf)

Here is a ls -l of /etc/httpd that shows where the different directories
are linked:
-bash-4.1$ ls -l /etc/httpd/
total 8
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 Dec  5  2012 conf
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 Dec  4  2012 conf.d
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root   19 Oct  1  2012 logs -> ../../var/log/httpd
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root   29 Oct  1  2012 modules ->
../../usr/lib64/httpd/modules
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root   19 Oct  1  2012 run -> ../../var/run/httpd

Here are the omero config web lines:

omero.web.application_host=http://****.***.***:80
omero.web.application_server=fastcgi-tcp
omero.web.debug=True
omero.web.webgateway_cache=/home/omerouser/OMERO.server/var/weblitz_cache

Chris