[ome-users] ome-users Digest, Vol 104, Issue 1

Jake Carroll jake.carroll at uq.edu.au
Fri Nov 1 16:55:07 GMT 2013

Sure thing.

Using ldapsearch:

linuxadmin at place-omero-prod:~$ ldapsearch -LLL -H ldap://ldap.place.edu.au
-x -D ‘uid=place_nss,ou=special,o=the place of place,c=au' -w ’secret' -b
'ou=Staff,ou=People,o=the place of place,c=au' | grep -i carroll
cn: Associate Professor blah Carroll
mail: blah.carroll at blah.edu.au

So, that’s working perfectly. However, observe:

linuxadmin at place-omero-prod:~$ omero config get
omero.data.dir=/omero.data
omero.db.name=place_omero_database
omero.db.pass=censored
omero.db.user=censored
omero.ldap.base=ou=Staff,ou=People,o=the place of place,c=au
omero.ldap.config=true
omero.ldap.password=censored
omero.ldap.referral=follow
omero.ldap.urls=ldap://ldap.place.edu.au:389
omero.ldap.user_filter=()
omero.ldap.username=cn=place_nss,ou=special,o=the place of place,c=au
omero.security.keyStore=/home/linuxadmin/ssl_stores/.censored
omero.security.keyStorePassword=censored
omero.security.trustStore=/home/linuxadmin/ssl_stores/.censored
omero.security.trustStorePassword=censored
omero.web.application_server=development
omero.web.debug=True

And using this config, it spits:

2013-11-02 02:48:32,942 INFO  [        ome.services.util.ServiceHandler]
(.Server-10)  Excp:	org.springframework.ldap.AuthenticationException:
[LDAP: error code 32 - No Such Object]; nested exception is
javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 32 - No Such
Object]

But, that’s not true at all, as even trivial tools such as the Apache
Directory Studio can resolve the exact stuff above I’ve used in the
trivial LDAP search, so I’d suggest maybe the Java plugin that works on
these lookups needs to be fed a different type of syntax that my directory
forest simply doesn’t look like? This isn’t a good situation..

Anyone got any ideas? I’ve read stuff about the baseDN needing to be of an
FQDN form, but when you try to turn it to an FQDN form for these purposes
it does not work, as that’s not the true baseDN name of this particular
part of the forest or resource.

Thanks, all!

-jc