[ome-users] Nikon ND2 Time information

Kraft, Lewis James lewis.j.kraft at Vanderbilt.Edu
Fri May 31 20:35:50 BST 2013

Hello,

I am want to read the Nikon .nd2 image file using loci_tools.jar for MATLAB.  I have successfully imported the image data using loci_tools.jar with the following MATLAB commands:

imgdata=bfopen('fullfilepath\*.nd2'); %command for opening images using BioFormats MATLAB scripts

img=imgdata{1,1}{1,1}; %First image in the timeseries

metadata=imgdata{1,2}; %Metadata in the .nd2 file

omeMeta = imgdata{1, 4}; %OME Metadata

The Image data, and the OME metadata look fine.  However, the original metadata is missing the time information.  For example, when opening Zeiss .lsm files, I see the time information in metadata as, "*TimeStamp*,*TimeStamp*,...".  Where can I find this time information for each image plane in the .nd2 files?

Thanks much,
Lewis Kraft