[ome-users] [Software Feedback] LOCI not functioning at all

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue May 28 18:51:46 BST 2013

Hi Andrew,

I am CCing the ome-users mailing list, which is the best place to go for
Bio-Formats issues.

> However, recently after an update, the LOCI tools do not seem to work
> at all for any function.  Specifically I want to export .tif stacks to
> .mov, but receive the following error:

Unfortunately, it seems the current release version of Bio-Formats has some
bugs when saving as QT.

1) If you attempt to export an RGB Color image, you get the exception you
mention.

2) Exporting an 8-bit grayscale image succeeds, but QuickTime Player is
unable to read the output movie (at least on OS X 10.8.3). You can,
however, read it back into ImageJ using Bio-Formats.

3) Running "Make Composite" on an RGB Color image, and then exporting it,
succeeds but produces a file with three times as many timepoints, and only
a single channel. And it also cannot be read by QuickTime Player.

We will keep you posted on any progress in fixing these issues.

Regards,
Curtis