[ome-users] time stamp in tiff from nd2

Karin MITOSCH Karin.MITOSCH at ist.ac.at
Mon May 13 21:14:12 BST 2013

Hello everybody,

I have one big ND2 file, with many shots. Each shot has a timestamp, that both Bio-Formats reads without problems. I am using the ImageJ/Fiji plugin, options "Bio-Formats Importer / Exporter".

My question is: is it possible to extract each frame as a TIFF file that contains, in its EXIF metadata, the corresponding image acquisition timestamp?

So far I've been able to extract the images, but that metadata was missing.

Curiously, if I extract the images from the command-line using e.g.:

  bfconvert -series 0 bleach_mCherry.nd2 out/bleach_%A.tiff

then the information I'm looking for is part of the file-name, but still not "inside" as EXIF metadata.

Many thanks in advance,
Karin