[ome-users] Attempt to build "build-cpp"

John Webber (NBI) John.Webber at nbi.ac.uk
Wed May 8 15:41:32 BST 2013

Hi all,

I'm sorry to bother you with a newbie, simple question, but I am struggling to build a 64 bit, release version of the Omero CPPs.  I have downloaded version 4.4.7 of OpenMicroscopy.

I have successfully build a 32bit Release version of Omero and the CPPs, and have been able to build a subsequent 32bit, release version of VolViewer.  I am now attempting to build a 64 bit release version, but am running into problems.

When I attempt to build the Omero CPPs (using "python build.py build-cpp"), with ARCH set to x64 and RELEASE set to 0s, I see the error

                build:
Building with ICE_HOME=D:\Ice
Debug setting: False (Os)
64-Bit build: True (x64)
Fatal Error: Ice library not found

The Ice version I'm using is 3.4.1.

ICE_HOME is set to d:\ice (the location I have installed Ice).

I have checked that:
PATH includes:  "D:\Ice\bin\vc100\x64"
LIBPATH includes:  "D:\Ice\lib\vc100\x64"

I am using the Visual Studios 2010 versions because I am attempting to build VolViewer, which I am doing within VS2010.  The Omero build itself is just being run from a VS2010 command prompt.

Please can you give me any pointers as to what I might be missing?

Thanks
john

John Webber
Computing and Information Services
NBI Partnership Ltd
Norwich Research park
Colney Lane
Norwich
NR4 7UH

E-Mail:  john.webber at nbi.ac.uk<mailto:john.webber at nbi.ac.uk>
Web:     http://www.nbi.ac.uk
Tel:        +44(0)1603 450 818

The NBI Partnership Ltd provides non-scientific services to the Institute of Food Research, the John Innes Centre, The Genome Analysis Centre and The Sainsbury Laboratory