[ome-users] command line import & blitz gateway

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu May 2 16:31:50 BST 2013

Hi Graeme,

 Have a look at some python code we use for auto-populating omero with Projects, Datasets and importing Images.
https://github.com/ome/omero-setup/blob/master/auto_import.py

This is something we use to set-up a server for testing etc.

Since you can get the pixels ID from the import process, E.g. see:
https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/blob/develop/components/tools/OmeroPy/test/integration/library.py#L161
you can get the Image ID (can't assume they're the same as in that example) then add some annotations etc (see link below).

For writing your own Python client / scripts etc, you should start
https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/developers/Python.html

For more detail, try the source code of the "Blitz Gateway" - Python wrappers around the core OMERO api, which
is the 'conn' etc used in many of the starter examples.
https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/blob/develop/components/tools/OmeroPy/src/omero/gateway/__init__.py

 Hope that helps,

 Let us know if you have any more questions,

  Cheers,

  Will.