[ome-users] command line import & blitz gateway

Graeme Ball graemeball at googlemail.com
Thu May 2 15:54:18 BST 2013

Dear OME,

I have been writing OMERO scripts to process data and re-import the
results, but have hit a couple of snags with the imports.

I would like to upload results to the same dataset as the images they are
derived from, and the command line importer documentation suggests this is
possible using the -d option.
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/users/command-line-import.html
However, if I try for example, "-d 51" I get:-
  Unknown debug action: set(['51'])
which seems to agree with the contents
of OMERO.server/lib/python/omero/cli.py (if that is the right file)

I would also like to attach results (text files etc.) to each image, but
there is no option using the command line importer. The reason I am using
the command line importer is that the results are being processed remotely
(and we have not managed to set up OMERO.processor as yet).

Should I be attempting to write our own python client? And if so, where
would be a good place to start? OMERO.server/lib/python/omero/clients.py
perhaps?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Graeme