[ome-users] Adding OMERO.insight client to PATH in UNIX

Adrian Jacobson adrian.jacobson at web.de
Mon Mar 25 13:49:20 GMT 2013

Hello everybody out there using OMERO,

The OMERO.insight client works fine for me, but I have to change to the OMERO.clients folder each time I want to open it.
For reasons of convenience, I tried to place the shell script containing the command to start up OMERO.insight to my PATH variable, but invocation of it leads to an error during the start-up of OMERO. I think this is because of not having the files in the folder config are not found.
How can I add OMERO.insight to my path so I can execute I directly from any folder in the command line?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Adrian