[ome-users] [micro-manager-general] Bug: LOCI Bio-Formats importer doesn't like MM OME tiffs

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Mar 22 17:34:10 GMT 2013

Hi Brian,

[CC'ing the ome-users mailing list, as that is the best place to
report Bio-Formats issues.]

> I've run into a problem opening OME TIFFs saved by Micro-Manager with
> the LOCI Bio-Formats importer.  If I just use the plain ImageJ "Open"
> command, things work as expected, but if I use Bio-Formats importer in
> Fiji, I have various problems depending on how I saved the files in MM:

First, please make sure that you have the latest version of Bio-Formats
installed in ImageJ.  "Help > About Plugins > LOCI Plugins" will tell you the
version and date; 4.4.6 is the latest.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, then it would be useful if you could
upload a small number of files that demonstrate the problem(s).  You can upload
files here:

http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/

If uploading there doesn't work, I can send alternate instructions privately.

Regards,
-Melissa