[ome-users] script repository

Niko Ehrenfeuchter nikolaus.ehrenfeuchter at unibas.ch
Thu Jun 27 15:11:20 BST 2013

On 27.06.2013 13:13, Josh Moore wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2013, at 12:35 PM, Martin Spitaler wrote:
>
>> So I suggest to do exactly that: Make a menu entry on the main
>> OMERO page called 'scripts', which links to all available scripts,
>> whether they come from the OMERO team or other users. Please do NOT
>> call it anything like 'code sharing', because that's the best way
>> to stop any non-programmer from going there.
>
> Understood and agreed in general. Does anyone else have suggestions
> on places they would have looked for "plugins"/"scripts", and what
> names would have triggered the right associations? One way or the
> other, we'll certainly go about integrating it much better.

Not a suggestion about places where to look for additional scripts, but
more the problem of identifying where exactly the scripts that came
shipped with a specific OMERO version were taken from. In other words,
it took me quite a while to figure out that the scripts for OMERO 4.4.5
(*stable*) were located in the *dev_4_4* branch (of the "scripts" repo,
of course) rather than in master or some other branch not looking like
an experimental ("dev") one :-)

So this is rather a documentation or naming scheme request ;-)

If I remember correctly, I already mentioned this to Will on the meeting
in Paris, but I'm not 100% sure...

Cheers,
Niko