[ome-users] script repository

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Jun 27 12:13:37 BST 2013

On Jun 26, 2013, at 12:35 PM, Martin Spitaler wrote:

> So I suggest to do exactly that: Make a menu entry on the main OMERO page called 'scripts', which links to all available scripts, whether they come from the OMERO team or other users. Please do NOT call it anything like 'code sharing', because that's the best way to stop any non-programmer from going there.

Understood and agreed in general. Does anyone else have suggestions on places they would have looked for "plugins"/"scripts", and what names would have triggered the right associations? One way or the other, we'll certainly go about integrating it much better.

> Remember: If the user can't find the information, no matter how good it is and how good the intention and hard work of the people behind it, it's just as if it didn't exist.
>
> Good luck,
> Martin

Thanks, Martin. You're of course correct. From our side, knowing that it was largely a matter of poor advertisement makes the starting point very clear.

Cheers,
~Josh.